We are always in need of talented and dependable certified yoga teachers who have a solid yoga practice and a good understanding of Hatha Yoga. Our hiring process is simple:
- Contact us at ShaktiGarland@gmail.com and please include a cover letter and your most recent resume.
- We follow up with a conversation over the phone to make sure we are a good match for each other
- The candidate is invited to participate in one or two classes led by Patricia Alonso. Attending class is crucial so the candidate has a good idea of our formats and the skills needed to guide these group classes
- If the candidate finds our format appealing, she/she is invited to prepare a class and audition by teaching it to our students.
- Based on the feedback received by our students we might extend an invitation to join our team. Otherwise we review what needs to be refined and the candidate is invited to repeat the audition for a second and last try.
3-Month Mentorship for new graduates
For those with less than 1 year of teaching experience we offer a 3-month mentorship with potential to hire as follows
- Send us an e-mail at ShaktiGarland@gmail.com and express your interest and goals for teaching here.
- We meet and if we get a good feeling, we establish a mentorship agreement.
- You would attend yoga classes for a minimum of 3 months, and a minimum of 3 classes per week, to get a good feeling of the format of our classes
- After 3 months of consistent practice we review and if comfortable we can move forward with an audition.
- If the audition goes successfully we move on to a hire. Otherwise we establish new goals