July 19~21, 2019
Investment $400. Early bird $325 thru June 15, 2019. Sign up here
When we begin a yoga practice, one of the first lessons we learn is to breathe in and out through the nose. When there is lack of awareness on the breath, a challenging posture creates exhaustion and mental instability, and more times than not we end up more
fragmented than when we came in, feeling better only momentarily because of increased endorphins and sweat.
Not only breathing does matter in yoga, but we have the ability to transform the energetics of our body and our mind thru proper adaptation of the breath, which will help us to feel steady and ready for pranayama techniques that will eventually lead us to meditation.
Objective: At the end of the workshop, participants will understand how to adapt the breath not only to move optimally into a posture, but also to unfold prana and the release of our greatest potential.
This module fulfills Yoga Alliance requirements for 20 CEU’s. It is also a core component of our 200 HR YTT.
- Friday: Lecture: 6pm – 9pm
- Saturday: Yoga practice: 8.30am ~ 9.45am; Lecture: 11.15am ~ 2:30pm & 3pm ~ 7pm
- Sunday: Review: 9am ~ 10am; Yoga practice: 10am ~ 11.30am; Lecture: 1pm~ 4pm
- Introduction to Breath Adaptation
- Elements of the Breath. Anatomy: Study of muscles of respiration
- Breath threshold vs Breath ratios
- Energetics of the Breath
- Brmhana, Langhana & Samana practices
- Prana & the Vayus
- Introduction to Pranayama
- Asana as the foundation to pranayama
- Stick figures
- Drawing a pranayama sequence with stick figures
- The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar. Part II
- Yoga for Wellness by Gary Kraftsow. Full Book
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff. Full Book