Dates March 16 ~ 18, 2018
Price for this module is $350 + $50 registration fee. Early bird $300 [waives registration fee and saves $50 off tuition] EB deadline Feb 24, 2018. Sign up here
Limited space to 16 participants.
Yoga philosophy brings ancient wisdom to life for direct application in our modern world.
These timeless truths help us reflect on what’s most meaningful within,
discerning the real from the unreal in our thinking, and reconnecting us with inner authenticity. These reflections bridge yoga on the mat with yogic living, uprooting unconscious beliefs and making space for newness to thrive in all aspects of practice.
This training is ideal for new and experienced yoga teachers as well as mind-body fitness professionals, body workers, nurses, and physical and occupational therapists, social workers, mental health professionals of all kinds, life coaches. Interested yoga practitioners with a desire to learn more about Yoga are also welcome
This module fulfills Yoga Alliance requirements for 22 CEU’s. It is also a core component of our 200 HR YTT.
- Fridays: 6pm – 9pm
- Saturdays: 8.30am – 6pm
- Sundays: 9am – 4pm
- 2.5 credit hrs for homework assignments
What you can expect:
Basic Concepts and Context
- Introductions, Basic Definitions: Yoga & OM
- History & Evolution of Yoga (over the past 5000 years)
- Overview of the key yoga texts beyond the Gita and Sutras
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Gheranda Samhita
- Yoga in relationship to it’s sister sciences (Ayurveda/Jyotish) & Religions
- Yoga Nidra Practice
- Yoga Sutra Intensive
- Practice: Traditional Hatha from original 32 poses in the Gheranda Samhita
- The Sutras in Action