Dates TBD (Probably mid-end March 2018)
- Yoga class at 9am. Shiatsu training 10am – 6pm
- $250 Early bird if signed and fully paid by February 28, 2018 / Full price $300
Registration opens November 15th.
Learn the brilliant model of the five elements, meridians, chi, yin-yang, key points for relief of excesses and deficiencies which affect structure and energy.
This two-day training for the novice and advanced practitioner alike, introduces the concepts and movement, aspects of performing a Shiatsu session on the floor.
The following topics will be covered:
- Describe the basic principles of Shoshin Shiatsu & Perform a number of basic Shiatsu techniques with an awareness of proper body mechanics
- Discuss the concept of the 14 energy channels (meridians) in the body
- Describe the 14 meridians in relation to muscles and body landmarks
Ideal for bodyworkers, Yoga instructors, & Fitness professionals.
Each day includes:
- Free Yoga class before shiatsu training
- Meditation & Movement
- Techniques leading to full-body shiatsu session
- Step-by-Step, hands=on teacher instruction and student exchanges
- Acupressure points to release pain and increase mobility
- Demos video-taped and posted online
What to bring:
Our floor at the studio is soft yet firm tatami that make this type of work easy on both giver and receiver. If you want additional padding, bring a zabuton (minimum twin size) or any other type of padding you would like to add to your personal space.
For Sunday, please bring your massage table. We will have a couple available at the studio but it will be better to bring your own, as well as a clean set of sheets.
Plan on wearing comfortable clothes that allow movement at ease. Bring snacks and a closed, refillable bottle of water. We have free filtered water at the studio.
The book of Shiatsu by Paul Lundberg (available at amazon)