Dates February 18~20, 2018
Price for this module is $350 + $50 registration fee. Early bird $300 [waives registration fee and saves $50 off tuition], EB deadline Jan 30, 2018. Sign up here
Limited space to 16 participants.
Establish a Breath Centered practice in this weekend intensive that offers a clear understanding of of patterns of Breath & Movement. Explore principles of alignment & Vinyasa Krama and learn how to put it in paper by drawing stick figures and yoga sequences.
This is a profound and transformative foundational program both for beginners and the more experienced practitioners, who wish to correct common mistakes in alignment. Yoga teachers will be able to identify these patterns in students, and incorporate corrections, developing personal programs and creating your own personal home practice.
This training is ideal for new and experienced yoga teachers as well as mind-body fitness professionals, body workers, nurses, and physical and occupational therapists, social workers, mental health professionals of all kinds and life coaches. Interested yoga practitioners with a desire to learn more about refining your Yoga practice are also welcome.
This module fulfills Yoga Alliance requirements for 22 CEU’s. It is also a core component of our 200 HR YTT.
- Fridays: 6pm – 9pm
- Saturdays: 8.30am – 6pm
- Sundays: 9am – 4pm
- 2.5 credit hrs for homework assignments
What you can expect:
- Introduction to Lineages of Viniyoga & Sri Vydia
- Anatomy: Exploring The Skeletal System
- Principles of Breath & Movement
- Principles of Awareness
- Anatomy: Biomechanics of Breathing
- Anatomy: Biomechanics of Asana ~ Rekhā
- Patterns & directions of Movement
- Categorizations of Asana & Identifying Release Valves
- Learn to Draw a sequence with Stick figures
- **An important part of this training is to learn to draw stick figures. We use them as a mean of communication and a way to improve your practice.
- Drawing a yoga sequence with stick figures
- Required books: