February 22~24, 2019
Investment $400. Early bird $325 thru January 30, 2019.. Sign up here
Learn the most basic concepts of Hatha Yoga. Explore foundational concepts of breath-centered practices to guide you inward as you join breath to movement. Learn to establish smooth, diaphragmatic breathing along with the ability to do postures coordinated with the breath.
Learn to incorporate breathing for relaxation in shavasana, and breath awareness technique to carry you towards meditation. You will also be introduced to Viniyoga practices using breath-centric asana as preparation for pranayama (breathwork).
Objective: Upon completion, participants will be able to synchronize breath with each movement and shift into a quiet inner space. The student will also learn two different variations of ujjayi pranayama with focus on slowing down and watching the breath to learn to still the mind.
Who shall attend? This training is ideal for new and experienced yoga practitioners, as well as mind-body fitness professionals, body workers, nurses, and physical and occupational therapists, social workers, mental health professionals of all kinds, life coaches, etc.
This module fulfills Yoga Alliance requirements for 22 CEU’s. It is also a core component of our 200 HR YTT.
- Introduction to lineage: Viniyoga, Sri Vydia and the Himalayan tradition
- Anatomy: Exploring The Skeletal System
- Principles of Breath & Movement
- Understanding function vs form in yoga
- Principles of Awareness
- Anatomy: Biomechanics of breathing
- Ujjayi breath
- Introduction to the Study of Asana
- Anatomy: Biomechanics of Asana ~ Rekhā
- Patterns & directions of Movement
- Categorization of Asana: Studying open frame vs fixed frame postures & their release Valves
- Learning to draw stick figures
- Drawing a yoga sequence with stick figures
- The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar. Part I
- Yoga for Wellness by Gary Kraftsow. Part I, Chapters 1 & 2
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff. Chapters
1 & 2