April 12~14, 2019
Investment $400. Early bird $325 thru March 30, 2018. Sign up here
Gain a solid understanding of basic Ayurveda concepts and learn how to address the root issues that get your out of balance. You will learn how dosha balance in ayurveda is as much about embodying the experience and academically learning the material as it is about observing nature herself and those around you—just like yoga.
At the end of the workshop your will be able to see yourself as whole – Body, Mind & Spirit. You will gain focus on understanding and accepting your individual nature, and use Ayurveda’s principles on purification practices, diet & life-style to view yourself with more empathy. You will learn how to shift the imbalances in your nature rather than trying to make changes opposed to your nature, so you can feel more at home with the uniqueness of who you are.
This module fulfills Yoga Alliance requirements for 20 CEU’s. It is also a core component of our 200 HR YTT.
- Friday: Lecture: 6pm – 9pm
- Saturday: Yoga practice: 8.30am ~ 9.45am; Lecture: 11.15am ~ 2:30pm & 3pm ~ 7pm
- Sunday: Review: 9am ~ 10am; Yoga practice: 10am ~ 11.30am; Lecture: 1pm~ 4pm
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Origin & Background
- The Vedas, the Great Trio
- Purpose of Ayurveda
- Introduction to Sankhya Philosophy
- The Essential blocks
- Ayurveda & the Mind: Gunas
- Ayurveda & Yoga
- Diet & Life style
- Designing a yoga practice for your type
- Ayurveda, The Science of Self Healing by Vasant Lad. Full book
- Another recommended book that can help you to deepen your understanding of yoga and Ayurveda (not required): Yoga & Ayurveda by David Frawley.