Dates May 18 ~ 20, 2018
Price for this module is $350 + $50 registration fee. Early bird $300 [waives registration fee and saves $50 off tuition] EB deadline April 28, 2018. Sign up here
Limited space to 16 participants.
Learn the core concepts of Ayurveda, including its philosophical approach and its practical applications. You’ll delve into study and practice as you discover the power of this ancient science to create health and well-being.
This training is ideal for new and experienced yoga teachers as well as mind-body fitness professionals, body workers, nurses, and physical and occupational therapists, social workers, mental health professionals of all kinds, life coaches. Interested yoga practitioners with a desire to learn more about Ayurveda principles for well-being are also welcome.
This module fulfills Yoga Alliance requirements for 22 CEU’s. It is also a core component of our 200 hour YTT.
- Fridays: 6pm – 9pm
- Saturdays: 8.30am – 6pm
- Sundays: 9am – 4pm
- 2.5 credit hrs for homework assignments
What you can expect from this module:
- Introduction to Ayurveda and Sankhya Philosophy
- The Vedas
- The fundamental theory of the Doshas & Gunas
- Dinacharya—routines for health and well-being, such as self-massage and daily cleansing of the senses, sleep routine, and eating routine.
- The basics of an Ayurvedic approach to cooking, digestion, nutrition, and right eating
- Introductory Sanskrit
- Ayurveda-inspired yoga, meditation, and pranayama
- How yoga practice complements and supports an Ayurvedic lifestyle
- Yogic psychology—the power of the mind in creating balance and health Origin & Background
- Required books:
- Textbook of Ayurveda, Volume 1 by Vasant Lad