March 15~17, 2019
Investment $400. Early bird $325 thru February 28, 2019. Sign up here
Explore the energetics of asana thru skillful instruction to get you moving with focus and intention so that you can go inward and integrate both the subtle and the physical aspects of practice. Will incorporate a comprehensive explanation of bandhas
(restraints or energy locks): jalandhara bandha, uddiyana bandha, and mula bandha and how they affect energy in the spine.
At the end of the workshop you will understand how to use asana to feel more supple, strong, and present.
- Study of each category of postures and learn how to affect your physical & mental field
- Study of Anatomy:
- Learning to write yoga sequences with stick figures
- Study of Drishti
- Yoga Chikitsa
- Study of Chakras & the Subtle body
- Yoga for Wellness by Gary Kraftsow. Part II, Chapters 3, 4 & 5
- The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar. Part 2
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff. Full Book