Dates June 15~17, 2018
Price for this module is $350 + $50 registration fee. Early bird $300 [waives registration fee and saves $50 off tuition], EB deadline May 25, 2018. Sign up here
Limited space to 16 participants.
Learn how the emphasis on breath as the medium for movement in asana, and the science of adapting the pattern of breathing in asana and pranayama can produce different effects on your physiology, your emotions, your mind and your energetic field.
This training is ideal for new and experienced yoga teachers as well as mind-body fitness professionals, body workers, nurses, and physical and occupational therapists, social workers, mental health professionals of all kinds, life coaches. Interested yoga practitioners with a desire to learn more about Pranayama effects on the nervous system.
This module fulfills Yoga Alliance requirements for 22 CEU’s. It is also a core component of our 200 HR YTT.
- Fridays: 6pm – 9pm
- Saturdays: 8.30am – 6pm
- Sundays: 9am – 4pm
- 2.5 credit hrs for homework assignments
What you can expect from this module:
- Introduction to Breath Adaptation
- Anatomy: of Muscles of Respiration & The Nervous System
- Understanding Breath threshold & Breath ratios
- Energetics of the Breath & The Vayus
- Brmhana, Langhana & Samana practices
- Introduction to Prana, Raja Yoga & Kaivalya
- Introduction to Pranayama
- Asana as the foundation to pranayama
- Drawing a pranayama sequence with stick figures
- Required books: