Dates TBD (Probably mid-end March 2018)
- Yoga class at 9am. Shiatsu training 10am – 6pm
- $300 Early bird if signed and fully paid by Feb 28, 2018 / Full price $350
Registration opens November 15th.
Pre-requisites: Applicants must have completed either our 2-day intensive of “Introduction to Shoshin Shiatsu” or equivalent training and must have good understanding of all 14 meridian lines and source points
Learn the brilliant model of the five elements, meridians, chi, yin-yang, key points for relief of excesses and deficiencies which affect structure and energy.
Required reading: The book of Shiatsu by Paul Lundberg (available at amazon)
This three-day training for the intermediate and advanced practitioner alike, who need integration of shiatsu techniques on the table, and special attention to improve body-mechanics, delivering a more efficient session to your client while saving your body and hands
The following topics will be covered:
- Describe the basic principles of Shoshin Shiatsu & Perform a number of basic Shiatsu techniques with an awareness of proper body mechanics
- Discuss the concept of the 14 energy channels (meridians) in the body
- Describe the 14 meridians in relation to muscles and body landmarks
Ideal for bodyworkers & Fitness professionals.
Each day includes:
- Free Yoga class before shiatsu training
- Meditation & Movement
- Techniques leading to full-body shiatsu session
- Step-by-Step, hands=on teacher instruction and student exchanges
- Acupressure points to release pain and increase mobility
- Demos video-taped and posted online
What to bring:
Please bring your massage table. We will have a couple available at the studio but it will be better to bring your own, as well as a clean set of sheets.
Plan on wearing comfortable clothes that allow movement at ease. Bring snacks and a closed, refillable bottle of water. We have free filtered water at the studio.