Sept 20~ 22, 2019
Investment $400. Early bird $325 thru August 15, 2019. Sign up here
In order to ensure all attendants get lots of personal attention & Hands-on experience, we are limiting the space to 12 participants.
In this weekend intensive we offer a clear understanding of the basic science of Restorative Yoga as well as the general application of and alignment within restorative poses and Yoga Nidra.
You will gain deeper understanding of the subtle energy body in restorative poses as well as how to create a restorative experience for the general practitioner. You will leave equipped with tools for building a restorative practice, incorporating them into your group classes, developing personal programs for your private students or patients, and creating your own personal home practice.
This training is ideal for new and experienced yoga teachers as well as mind-body fitness professionals, body workers, nurses, and physical and occupational therapists, social workers, mental health professionals of all kinds, life coaches. Interested yoga practitioners with a desire to learn more about Restorative Yoga are also welcome.
This module fulfills Yoga Alliance requirements for 20 CEU’s. It is also a core component of our 200 HR YTT.
- Friday: Lecture: 6pm – 9pm
- Saturday: Yoga practice: 8.30am ~ 9.45am; Lecture: 11.15am ~ 2:30pm & 3pm ~ 7pm
- Sunday: Review: 9am ~ 10am; Yoga practice: 10am ~ 11.30am; Lecture: 1pm~ 4pm
What you can expect:
- Basic science of the Relaxation
- Foundations of the nervous system and subtle body
- Philosophy and applications of Restorative Yoga asanas
- The neurological, physical, psychological, and energetic benefits of Restorative Yoga
- Use of basic props
- Breathing, verbal cueing, and guided relaxation tools
- Yoga Nidra
- Building a restorative practice and attuning the body, breath, and mind
- Restorative Yoga for Live by Gail Boorstein Grossman